FYI. 1,900+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are getting underway this month, giving you the chance to take free courses from top flight universities. With the help of Class Central, we’ve pulled together a complete list of August MOOCS. And below we’ve highlighted several courses that caught our eye. The trailer above comes from The Science of Well-Being, an adaptation of the most popular undergraduate course at Yale University.
- Ancient Philosophy: Aristotle and His Successors – University of Pennsylvania on Coursera – August 6 (5 weeks)
- Philosophy and the Sciences: Introduction to the Philosophy of Physical Sciences – University of Edinburgh on Coursera – August 6
- Seeing Through Photographs – The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera – August 6 (6 weeks)
- Innovation: the World’s Greatest – University of Leeds on FutureLearn – August 6 (2 weeks)
- Roman Art and Archaeology – University of Arizona on Coursera – August 6 (6 weeks)
- How to Survive on Mars: the Science Behind the Human Exploration of Mars – Monash University on FutureLearn – August 6
- Big History – From the Big Bang until Today – University of Amsterdam on Coursera – August 13
- Design Thinking for the Greater Good: Innovation in the Social Sector – University of Virginia on Coursera – August 13
- Introduction to Classical Music – Yale University on Coursera – August 13 (9 weeks)
- The Science of Well-Being – Yale University on Coursera – August 13
- The Ancient Greek Hero – Harvard University on edX – August 16 (17 weeks)
- Music and Social Action – Yale University on Coursera – August 20 (9 weeks)
- Understanding Einstein: The Special Theory of Relativity – Stanford University on Coursera – August 20 (8 weeks)
Here’s one tip to keep in mind: If you want to take a course for free, select the “Full Course, No Certificate” or “Audit” option when you enroll. If you would like an official certificate documenting that you have successfully completed the course, you will need to pay a fee.
If you’d like to support Open Culture and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. It’s hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us provide the best free cultural and educational materials.
1,900+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) Getting Started in August: Enroll Today is a post from: Open Culture. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, or get our Daily Email. And don’t miss our big collections of Free Online Courses, Free Online Movies, Free eBooks, Free Audio Books, Free Foreign Language Lessons, and MOOCs.
The post 1,900+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) Getting Started in August: Enroll Today appeared first on IACCCE.
The post 1,900+ MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) Getting Started in August: Enroll Today appeared first on House Of Harmony.